Monday, May 21, 2012

Senior Sunday 2012

My home church is called Nor'Kirk Presbyterian Church. It is small, but comforting. Every year we celebrate the graduating class in the church. This is called Senior Sunday. The seniors walk down the church with an adult that impacted their life at the church. They are also presented with Moses Sticks. Moses sticks are long pieces of rounded wood (looks like a walking stick) with the 10 Commandments carved into them. Then after the service and presenting the seniors, a reception of cake and punch is held in their honor. Also a video with pictures and about the seniors is shown. The pictures are provided by the seniors and the video says what they plan to major in, school they want to go to, their family members names, high school, and other little things like that. It's just a sweet thing that is done for them. This year was special because my little sister was part of that class, also some other girls that I've watched grow up. I was asked to shoot the entire ceremony and give the photos to the church to be posted on the bulletin board. Of course I said yes because this was the only church I ever really knew and it was like another home that I could always return to.












No comments:

Post a Comment