Thursday, November 29, 2012

Alex H

This is Alex, he is the brother of Josie (who I posted about a little before). I met them both through the same Bible study. I took him to the graffiti park in Austin. It is the only place in Austin where it is legal to actually do graffiti. Personally, I believe graffiti is wonderful artwork. Sadly it's associated with acts of violence or illegal activity. This place has many levels and you can actually try and climb up it. At the very top is an amazing view of downtown that ill take your breath away. Once a week graffiti artists come together and change the entire landscape. It is amazing.

That is where I took Alex. I would like to warn anyone who tries to go after reading this, there is no parking lot and you have to park on the side of the street. This is not too bad, but it is hazardous for those of us who can not parallel park easily and efficiently.

We just climbed around for about an hour. Actually Alex was more interested in exploring the area rather than me taking his picture. Haha. I had to be very careful though because I was carrying to cameras around my neck and did not something to happen to them. Overall it was very successful and we made it almost all the way to the top.




I went back to the graffiti park before Thanksgiving and made it to the very top. The view is amazing and you feel like anything is possible while you're on top  of the hill.



No comments:

Post a Comment