Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Head Regatta

For the Hilltop Views I picked up the Pumpkin Head Regatta assignment. I have never been to a rowing competition before, so I thought it would be exciting. Later on, after receiving the assignment, I found out that the rowing competition started at 8:00 in the morning and that was when St. Edward's would start. Luckily, my awesome friends Ashley and Vinny came with me to the regatta to keep me company and to make sure I did not get hit by one of the boats being carried down to the river.

It was a very cold morning. Austin weather is weird. So far, we've only gotten random weeks of cold weather. It would last for a few days then go back to 80s and sunshine. Sadly, this morning was not sunshine and high of 80. It was around 40-50 degrees. I was so cold.

The regatta lasted all day, but I only stayed a few hours. First the boys rowed, then the girls were about an hour later, but somehow the event ran behind. I had to leave before the girls went to race because I could feel my body growing numb.




No comments:

Post a Comment